Last Update: 08.01.2021
Folie Imposee SAS is determined to respect your privacy and protect your personal data.
This confidentiality and data protection policy (the “confidentiality policy”) is designed to inform you about our use of your personal data that we gather when you access the Website www.moth-rabbit.com (the “Website”) powered by Folie Imposee SAS, or when you contact Moth and Rabbit Perfumes (the “services provided by Moth and Rabbit”).
It will enable you to determine the origin and the use of the information that we gather, as well as your rights and options under the applicable data protection rules and regulations.
This confidentiality policy is therefore important for you and we ask you to read it carefully.
Folie Imposee SAS may modify this policy from time to time depending on the legal and regulatory context, and to keep you informed about changes in our personal data processing practices.
Folie Imposee SAS therefore recommends that you always become acquainted with the latest version of this confidentiality policy whenever you plan on having any dealings with the Website, by visiting this section or by clicking on the “Confidentiality Policy” Link at the bottom of the homepage of the Website (see “Changes and Updates to the Confidentiality Policy”).
Unless there are any other texts that provide otherwise with regard to certain specific instances of processing of personal data, the processing of your personal data that is described in this policy shall be performed by Folie Imposee SAS, a French public limited company with capital € 30.000,00; registered address: 66 Avenue Des Champs Elysees, 75008 Paris, France; registered in Paris under No. 843 803 339, which publishes the www.moth-rabbit.com Website (the “Website”) and which is the “Data Controller” under the Data Protection Laws.
- Terms & Conditions for Online Sales
- Returns Policy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website www.moth-rabbit.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website (which you must do if you would like to use some of the services and features we offer on our Website), subscribe to our service or place an order on our Website. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and debit or card information (if you wish to place an order on our Website). When you register with us you can view your Personal Data in ‘My Account’. You can access ‘My Account’ directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the ‘forgotten password’ link on the register or login page and an email containing your decrypted password will be sent to the email address you originally provided.
Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we (or any member or brand within our group) operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: we will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Website and performance of our contract with you: The information you give us is necessary to enable us to (i) fulfil your order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order); (ii) make sure your order is delivered correctly; (iii) maintain your account; (iv)accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (v) authentication and identity checks; (vi) credit, debit or other payment verification; (vii) debt collection; (viii) safety, security, health, training, legal and administrative purposes.
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer: We ask for your contact details, such as your email address and telephone number and order details to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Website and to notify you about the status of your order and other customer care services such as identifying your requirements and shopping preferences. To provide those customer care services we may use your data for statistical and market analysis; case studies, research and development by us, or a third party we appoint as a data processor but in doing so your personal data will be anonymised for the use of it by these parties. They will not receive your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Direct Marketing: We want to keep you up to date on our latest products, promotional offers and events in order to improve your shopping experience with us. We may use the information you provide and the information we collect about you to build a picture of your interests so that we may tailor our communications to you to ensure they are relevant and of interest to you and so that when you visit our site we can tailor your experience so that it is easier to shop with us.
Electronic Marketing: if you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or text) about goods and services analogous to those which were the subject of a previous sale. Otherwise, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this.
Other Marketing: we will only contact you by post or telephone only if you have consented to this.
- Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Website: To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our Website.
Personal Data we collect about you: we will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Website: to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We may collect information from visitors to our Website and analyse it to build up a picture of how people use our Website. This helps us to improve the service we offer you.
- Website improvement: To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Providing customer service in pursuit of out legitimate interest as a retailer: The information we collect from you will allow us to (i) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, (ii) measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, and (iii) make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Security of our Website: As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
Personal Data we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your personal data – recipients of your personal data
From time to time we retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this Website. These companies or individuals are appointed as data processors. We may share your information with selected third parties offering adequate personal data protection security levels including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your Personal Data in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose;
- Advertisers and advertising networks we appoint to assist us and who require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you on our behalf;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We do not provide your Personal Data to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes unless you have indicated when you registered that you wish to receive information about other companies’ products, offers and services.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Folie Imposee SAS (and its subsidiaries) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
NOTE CONCERNING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR PURPOSES OF PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PAYMENT DEFAULTS
In order to combat fraud over the internet, information concerning your order and concerning the terminal used to place the order (such as the operating system used, the location of the machine, whether or not a proxy was used, etc.) is gathered automatically and used, subject to your consent, to analyse your transactions for purposes of fraud detection and prevention of payment defaults. The information may be transmitted to our payment service provider and to any third party that I duly authorized by law for the sole purposes of checking your identiy, any third party that is duly authorized by law for the sole purposes of checking your identity, the validity of the order, of the payment method used and of the requested delivery address.
DURATION OF RETENTION
Folie Imposee SAS shall not retain your personal data beyond the duration that is strictly necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes for which it was gathered.
NEWSLETTER, CONTACTS AND COMPLAINTS
The identification data of the client that is used with the client’s consent to send out newsletters and other Moth and Rabbit publications shall be kept for a period of three years as of its gathering or as of the last contact initiated by the client.
Any personal data and general information about your requests (for example, opening date, closing date, subject of the request) that is gathered and processed under the section entitled “Contact us” or pursuant to contact with the Customer Service unit will only be kept for 5 years in our unique customer repository.
Folie Imposee SAS may also keep for archiving purposes copies of its correspondence with the users of the Website and any response to the questions or comments sent to the users by our customer service unit.
DATA CONCERNING ORDERS, PAST PURCHASES AND ‘KNOW YOUR CLIENT’
Folie Imposee SAS will keep the data concerning your order for as long as you remain a client (i.e. have an active client account) and until the expiry of the applicable warranties. This data will only be kept beyond that time with your consent or for accounting and evidential purposes or to meet our legal obligations or, after having been anonymized, for purposes of studies and statistics.
Your payment data will be kept securely for the duration that is needed to confirm your order and payment and will then be immediately destroyed. In case of a problem with payment, your data will be kept throughout the duration of the management of the incident, then for a period of three (3) to five (5) years, depending on the severity of the incident.
CLIENT ACCOUNT DATA
Your client account on our Website will remain active until you decide to close it and as long as you make purchases on our Website. In case of protracted inactivity on your part over a period of three (3) years, this account will be deactivated.
Pursuant to the expiry of this timescale of three years, Folie Imposee SAS may get in contact with its clients to find out whether or not they want (I) to continue to receive newsletters and other publications from Moth and Rabbit and /or (II) to retain their client account on the Website. Your data will be destroyed within two (2) working days as of your sending us a request to unsubscribe.
Clients may close their accounts and/or unsubscribe from our newsletters at any point in time. In order to do so, please contact our customer service by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Finally, the connection logs that are gathered with your consent by the cookies and other tracers implemented on our Website will be kept in accordance with the applicable regulations for a period of time that shall not exceed thirteen (13) months. For more details, see our cookies policy.
The Website may contain links to third party website, Folie Imposee SAS has no control over the content, the confidentiality policy and the data protection policy or the actions of these third party websites. The use of the information that you may provide to third parties on other sites or that these third parties may gather on those other websites is not governed by this confidentiality policy.
You should carefully examine the confidentiality and data protection policies of any third party websites and contact the publishers of these websites should you have any questions about the way in which they use your personal data. Folie Imposee SAS hereby disclaims liability for any failure by a third party to use your personal data in accordance with their confidentiality policy or in accordance with any contractual or legal obligation that is binding upon them.
Folie Imposee SAS has implemented the appropriate technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality and the security of your personal data against any loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure for instance:
Folie Imposee SAS employees who, on account of their duties, have access to your personal data, are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
Folie Imposee SAS service providers and subcontractors are bound by written undertakings to implement adequate security measures to ensure the protection of your personal data in keeping with the applicable laws.
All the payment data that you provide on the Website is stored on the secure Website of the payment services provider chosen by Folie Imposee. The transactions performed on the Website are protected on the Website are protected by SSL encryption.
MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES OF THE CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
This confidentiality policy is in keeping with the prevailing practices at Folie Imposee SAS. It may be modified and updated to reflect the changes in Folie Imposee’s practices, to provide more information or to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations.
In case of a modification or update, the revised confidentiality policy shall be put online on the Website, with a statement indicating the date of the latest update. You will also be informed by a message on the Website urging you to read the updated confidentiality policy. If you have a client account with Moth and Rabbit, Folie Imposee SAS will warn you about the update by sending an e-mail or a notification to your account beforehand.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
Statistics You have the right to access your personal data and to request the rectification or the destruction of any data that should turn out to be inaccurate. Should you have a client account with Moth and Rabbit, you may directly access the data contained in your online account and rectify/eliminate it where applicable, as well as access the chronology/log of your transactions and your choices in terms of marketing.
Where applicable, you must ensure that you disclose to Folie Imposee SAS any updates or changes to your personal data, including your postal and/or e-mail address, in order to enable us to dispatch your orders to the right address and to contact you about your orders in case of need.
ERASURE. You may also request the erasure of your personal data provided that it is no longer necessary for Folie Imposee SAS to keep it.
OPPOSITION. to dispatch You can also oppose the processing of your personal data or request the imposition of limitations on such processing, unless the processing is necessary for the management of the services that you request.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT. to dispatch Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any point in time.
PORTABILITY. to dispatch You may moreover exercise your right to portability, i.e. obtain, in a structured, machine-readable form, the personal data that you provided to us directly on the basis of your consent or of a contract drawn up and signed with you and that I undergoing automated processing.
DIRECTIVES. to dispatch You may also let us know your instructions regarding the preservation, erasure and disclosure of your personal data after your death, and modify theses directives at any point in time.
These rights may be exercised directly with Folie Imposee SAS in accordance with the terms of the section entitled contact us “Contact Us”. You may be asked for proof of your identity.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR NEWSLETTERS, REQUESTING AN END TO TARGETED ADVERTISING
You may withdraw your consent at any point in time and request to no longer reeive correspondence from us regarding our offers, news and events. By using the hypertext link that is included for this purpose in each e-mail that we send you. You may also contact us by e-mail sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also oppose Folie Imposee’s use of your personal data for purposes of marketing or drawing up your client profile; in that case, however, you will no longer benefit from customized offers or services.
If you feel that Folie Imposee SAS has violated data protection legislation, you may file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) as provided by law.
LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
This Website, any content contained herein and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Website are governed by French law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Paris, France.